Position: Aboriginal Community Health Worker - New Direction Mums and Bubs Program
Type of employment
Hours per week
Is this an Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander identified position
- Aboriginal Health Practitioner Certificate 1V (Clinic Stream) or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse or Willing to obtain relevant certificates.
- Previous experience in providing services to Aboriginal communities and a through working knowledge of health issues impacting on Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective internal and external workplace relationships.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history, and current issues affecting lives of Aboriginal people
- Willingness to undertake professional training.
- Demonstrated effective oral, computer and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of Primary health care.
- Working with Children and Criminal Record check clearances and a current NSW Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
About The Position
This full-time position provides direct patient contact and clinical support in Maternal and Child Health under the New Directions Mothers and Babies Services Program. It is committed to quality activities aimed at improving Indigenous health in the Wellington LGA.
Contact Chloe Mulholland on or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal Community Health Worker- -New Direction Mums and Bubs Program