Position: Aboriginal Health Worker (Counsellor)
Type of employment
Hours per week
Is this an Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander identified position
- Degree in a Counselling or Human Services related field (or willingness to obtain)
- Demonstrated experience in individual and group Counselling, specifically related to the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal clients.
- Proven ability to provide Alcohol and Other Drug interventions to clients
- Understanding and ability to provide interventions that address violence and offending behaviours.
- Detailed understanding of the complexities of vulnerabilities experienced by clients who have been removed from their families; either directly or subsequently.
About The Position
Provide counselling services as part of a multi-disciplinary team to the Aboriginal community of Wellington and surrounds.
- As per the direction of the (Team Leader) develop protocols that are age, gender and culturally sensitive with respect to intake, ongoing client intervention, referral, case management and exit planning.
- Conduct assessments of clients referred to the service that demonstrates consistency and transparency.
- Ensure that all client interaction and intervention is documented and records reflect all aspects of client and community contact.
- Participate in ongoing education and training as directed by the (Team Leader)
- Engage in formal supervision with the (Team Leader) and external supervision with a nominated provider.
- Promote the service and access to the service within the local Aboriginal community
Contact Leteisha Peckham on 6845 9310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description Not Available