Position: General Practitioner - Penrith
Lawson Street, Penrith
Type of employment
Full Time (Part time considered for right candidate)
Hours per week
Is this an Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander identified position
- The general practitioner is required to be appropriately trained and experienced in the discipline of general practice, and assessed as competent for the position in New South Wales
- Preferable but not essential is Vocational Recognition through Fellowship with either the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM), or a recognised equivalent
- Previous experience in providing health services to Aboriginal communities and a thorough working knowledge of health issues impacting on Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people
- Previous experience working within a structured policy environment and the ability to implement and monitor staff compliance
- Demonstrate a good standard of interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to establish effective internal and external workplace relationships
- Well developed organisational and time management skills and an ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues that impact on Aboriginal people and Aboriginal communities
- Working with Children Check and National Criminal Record Check and a current NSW Drivers Licence
About The Position
The General Practitioner role is integral to the Clinical Services offered by WACHS. The General Practitioner provides a high level of whole person, comprehensive, coordinated and continued medical care for individuals, families and communities that come in contact with our Clinics and programs.
The General Practitioner reports directly to the Team Leader (Clinic) and will be part of the Clinic Team that delivers a high level of patient care.
You will be supported by a friendly team of professionals consisting of a Registered Nurse x 2, Aboriginal Health Practitioner and Allied Health Services. No weekends required as this is a Mon-Fri position. Undercover onsite parking will be provided. An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the successful applicant.
This would suit a GP looking for a long term/permanent position wanting to make a difference to the Aboriginal Community of Penrith and surrounding regions
This is a full-time position, however part-time would be considered.
Contact on Kylie McCauley or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description - GP Penrith April 22